When is the right time to start looking for a POS system in the UK? Here are a few important factors to consider when choosing a Point of Sale system for your online business!
If you want to finally start accepting credit and debit cards and you already have a system for tracking sales, it is a good idea to invest in a POS system designed for small businesses. Yes, even small businesses can benefit from a high-quality POS system.
Having a system for managing each transaction electronically, can give you a clear understanding of what you are selling. You as an online business owner will be able to make more informed decisions about how to run your business. Also, having a POS system helps your brand appear more professional and legitimate, which is crucial if you are just starting out.
There are hundreds of different POS systems for online businesses in the UK. Choosing the best one can mean the difference between success and failure. Here are some of the most important factors you need to consider when choosing a POS system:
- Payment processing costs
- Initial setup cost
- Cart acceptance (visa, MasterCard, American Express, and etc),
- Other monthly processing fees (chargeback fees, account fees, and more)
- POS software fees
- Equipment costs and rental fees
- Level of mobility
- Ability to accept mobile wallets or preferred credit cards
- POS software features (the ability to store customer data safely, invoices, employee management, inventory management, customer database software, and etc.)
What is the Best POS for UK Retailers?
Shopify is without a doubt, the #1 choice for UK retailers. Since the release of Shopify POS in 2013, the system has evolved from a basic POS system to a full-fledged retail Point of Sale. Shopify POS includes ecommerce sale functionality, brick-and-mortar sale functionality, allowing you to sell both offline and online.
Shopify has various packages to suit retailers who sell online or in-store, however, it is the best fit for business who do both. The eStore + POS plans start at $29/month + $40/month for retail package.
A few more essential things to know about Shopify:
- Gift card functionality
- Discount code functionality
- Detailed reporting and analytics
- Customer sales profiles
- Mobile sales with Android and iPhone app
- 24/7 support via email, phone, and live chat
Create your free Shopify account and start selling now!
Setting up the new POS system pic.twitter.com/Sojl5BrF5N
— James (@JaeJae81) 25 de febrero de 2019